Router-CIM Automation Suite is easy to use because it is integrated
• Tool paths are created and saved inside AutoCAD
• You can use all of AutoCAD’s commands on the tool paths
• No need to DXF out or save drawings to an older version of AutoCAD
• All tool paths are stored on separate layers so the DWG contains both design and manufacturing data
Overall Automation Suite is better
• AutoCAD’s commands provides superior design, modification, and visualization commands that are available inside of Router-CIM.
• Router-CIM Post processors are available for all machine controllers and support the most complex machine configurations.
• CIM-TECH offers custom written solutions that can reduce the number of steps between design and manufacturing.
• Parametric Macros libraries featuring over 40 MDF door macros and 20 Millwork macros are included in Router-CIM.
• Multiple data sources and types: DWG, DXF, Macros, 3D solids, surfaces, ellipses, splines, text and more.
Router-CIM Automation Suite Integration is better because:
• 1 system to learn and use, combined design and manufacturing makes for a reduced learning curve.
• 80% of CAM commands are CAD related commands
• Router-CIM uses unified design and manufacturing command set
• 1 database for design and manufacturing simplifies file structure and edits
• AutoCAD has superior design, modify, and visualization commands
• Better designs because drawings are “fixed” for manufacturing
• Your design standards can be integrated into manufacturing standards
• Router-CIM data is stored in the industry standard DWG file format
Established in 1986, the founders of CIM-TECH realized that a CNC machine was only as good as your ability to program it. Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) was needed to bridge the gap between Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM). CIM provides for a seamless solution with a common interface for design and manufacturing. From this basic concept a new company was created, CIM-TECH.